Viggo Mortensen, reads an English translation of a lecture by Albert Camus in 1946 at the Columbia University. The original lecture was delivered in French and had the title “La Crise de l’homme”, on the occasion of Camus only trip to the United States. What I found disturbing about this lecture is that it does not seem to be written 70 years ago, it could have been written today. What I like about it is that Camus explains to us why we should resist, why we should not simply accept the system that is presented to us as inevitable, or unique, or the only to make sense.
Since Federico is not contributing yet, I will post one of his suggestions on Italian poetry. This is a declamation (more than a reading) by Roberto Herlitzka, and it is part of the Vittorio Gassman's personal anthology of recited poetry from Italian authors. Feel the bucolic environment and the euphemistically romantic tensions. And then, the crescendo...
Comments
Post a Comment